Trinity ISD evacuates high school because of laundry room fire

TRINITY, TX (KTRE) - Officials with the Trinity Independent School District evacuated the town's high school Monday as firefighters quickly contained a dryer fire in a laundry at the campus.

Initial reports claimed that a dryer had exploded. However, the small blaze turned out to be nothing more than a lint fire that started in one of the dryers.

Students were allowed back into Trinity High School after firefighters used a large exhaust fan to clear the smoke out of the building's halls.

Copyright 2013 KTRE. All rights reserved.