38% of all the world's peaches are grown in the U.S., and Texas boasts some really delicious peaches!
Whether you have fresh peaches to use, or canned, try out this easy recipe that your family will enjoy for breakfast or brunch!
Peaches and Cream French toast casserole:
3-4 cups sliced peaches (fresh, or 2- 15oz. canned peaches)
1 - 8oz loaf of French bread, sliced
2 cups 2% or whole milk
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 to 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Spray or butter a 9x13' casserole dish. Arrange bread slices in the bottom, as tightly fitting as possible.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whish together all eggs and milk, then add sugar and vanilla. Whisk until dissolved.
3. Pour egg mixture over bread, and then arrange peach slices all over then top, distributing evenly.
4. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, then cover tightly and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours.
5. Remove baking dish from fridge and uncover 30 mins prior to baking.
6. In the meantime, place 1/2 cup cream in a sauce pan, and simmer until reduced by half.
7. Pour the thickened cream over the casserole, and then bake, uncovered, for about 45 - 55 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Let stand for ten minutes before serving.
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.