These mini-muffins are amazing! They mix up in five minutes, bake up in 10, and they really taste like you're eating a scrumptious bite of pecan pie!
These pack well in lunches and picnic baskets, too. They're sturdy little guys. Enjoy!
Pecan pie mini-muffins
makes 24 mini-muffins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray two mini muffin pans with cooking spray (for total of 24 muffins) and then place muffin tin(s) on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together brown sugar, 1 cup pecans, flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center of mixture.
3. Mix together wet ingredients in another bowl: melted butter, 2 eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into well in dry mixture.
4. Gently stir the wet ingredients into dry until no visible dry lumps are left. Do not overstir.
5. Distribute the 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans into the empty, sprayed muffin tin cavities.
6. Spoon batter over the pecans, nearly filling each cavity.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center.
8. Allow to cool in pan for about two minutes, then loosen edges of each muffin from tin using butter knife. Invert pan onto cooling rack to remove from pans.
Join Mama Steph for more recipes on her Facebook page!
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.