One suffers minor injuries in gas-line ignition at Lufkin apartm - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

One suffers minor injuries in gas-line ignition at Lufkin apartments

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

Lufkin fire officials report one Entex worker suffered minor injuries after a gas line ignited at an apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.

Battalion Chief Bobby Hobbs said a private contractor was working on a line at Inez Tims Apartments around 2:45 p.m., located in the 800 block of North Chestnut Street when the line ruptured.

The worker suffered minor injuries, but was treated at the scene.

Two of the units suffered minor damage, but nobody lived in those units.

Firefighters put out the fire by 3:15 p.m.

Copyright 2013 KTRE. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly