Lufkin woman suffers serious burns from heater accident - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Lufkin woman suffers serious burns from heater accident

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

Editor's note: A previous version of this story attributed Fire Marshal Steve McCool as saying the woman was trying to light the gas heater. McCool clarified, saying the woman reported that herself, but the case is still under investigation.

A Lufkin woman was airlifted to a Shreveport hospital for treatment of her injuries after she received burns in the process of lighting a gas heater Sunday night.

City Fire Marshal Steve McCool said the Lufkin Fire Department is currently working with the Lufkin Police Department to make sure the incident was an accident.

The Lufkin Fire Department was dispatched out to a house fire in the 600 block of Persimmons Street at approximately 11:17 p.m. Sunday. When they arrived on the scene, the fire was already out.

McCool said the woman said she was trying to light a gas heater when it and a couch caught on fire.

Copyright 2013 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly