Affidavit: Lufkin man threatened to kill himself, then assaulted father with hands, AK47

Steven Dixon (Source: Angelina County Jail)
Steven Dixon (Source: Angelina County Jail)

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - Angelina County Sheriff's deputies arrested a 41-year-old Lufkin man on felony warrants Wednesday after he allegedly got into a fight with his father, threatened to kill himself with a hand gun, and then assaulted his father with his hands and an AK 47.

Steven"Stevie" Martin Dixon Jr. was booked into the Angelina County Jail on five felony charges - aggravated assault with a deadly weapon causing serious bodily injury, injury to the elderly with the intent to cause serious bodily injury, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, injury to the elderly, and evading arrest and detention with a vehicle.

Dixon posted a collectively bail of $30,000 and was released later Wednesday.

The aggravated assault with a deadly weapon causing serious bodily injury and one of the injury to the elderly charges stem from an incident that allegedly took place on July 15.

According to the arrest affidavit, on that day, and ACSO patrol deputy was dispatched to the 6900 block of U.S. Highway 69 North in reference to an aggravated assault that had already occurred.

The man told the deputy that he had had been assaulted by his son, Dixon, after he went to his son's residence in the 4100 block of Homer Alto Road and the two men got into a heated argument. At one point, Dixon threatened to kill himself by pointing a revolver at his own head.

After the father was able to wrestle the gun away from his son, Dixon allegedly began assaulting his dad.

"[Dixon] kept asking the complainant to hit him back and he wanted the complainant to kill him since [Dixon] did not wish to live anymore," the affidavit stated.

Then Dixon grabbed his father by the throat and threw him down, the affidavit stated. At that point, Dixon allegedly used an AK 47 assault rifle to strike his father on the right elbow and forearm, causing injury and bleeding.

The affidavit also said Dixon told his father that he wasn't going to jail and that deputies would have to kill him.

When Dixon's father tried to call 911, Dixon prevented him from using the phone. After the father managed to escape, he went to a Polk's Pick-It-Up store and called 911.

Dixon's other three felony warrants stemmed from an incident that occurred on March 16, 2012. On that date, an ACSO patrol deputy responded to a disturbance call on South Homer Alto Road on Pollok.

When the deputy arrived on the scene, two witnesses said Dixon had ridden up on a Polaris four-wheeled ATV and pointed a shotgun at one of them. Dixon then allegedly pulled a hand gun from the waist band of his pants, placed it against the man's head, and threatened to kill him.

According to the affidavit, Dixon's father took the hand gun away from his son, who then allegedly assaulted the other witness before fleeing the scene on the ATV with a white bull dog riding on the back.

Another ACSO patrol deputy spotted Dixon driving the ATV on South Homer Alto Road and attempted to stop him by hitting the lights and siren on his patrol unit. Dixon allegedly fled from the deputies by turning onto Newman Cemetery Road. He lost the deputies when he turned onto a pipeline route where the deputies couldn't go any further because of the rough terrain.

Copyright 2013 KTRE. All rights reserved.