NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) - Officers with the Nacogdoches Police Department arrested a 21-year-old woman for sale of alcohol to minors after the NPD and the Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission conducted alcohol enforcement checks at several local businesses.
Kristine Leigh Deveny, of Nacogdoches, was arrested and charged with selling alcohol to a minor, which is a Class A misdemeanor. She was booked into the Nacogdoches County Jail Thursday and released later that day.
During the enforcement checks, officers attempted controlled attempts by a minor to buy alcohol at 21 Nacogdoches businesses. Only one establishment, Fuzzy's Taco Shop at 4909 North Street, sold alcohol to the minor. Deveny was working at Fuzzy's Taco Shop when she was arrested.
The other stores checked were:
- KJ's, 4712 South Street
- Texas Travel Plaza, 4010 South
- Discount Liquor Store, 3716 South
- Rick's Food Mart, 3505 South
- Texas Sports Bar, 3400 South
- Morgan Oil, 3325 South
- Las Potosinas, 2904 South
- Dollar General, 2003 South
- South Street Liquor, 2004 South
- Lucky Stop #2, 1324 South
- Tobacco Barn #2, 1222 South
- Brookshire Bro's #2, 1216 South
- Rudy's #11, 107 North
- Lucky Stop, 1218 Douglas
- La Michoacana, 1000 North
- Kroger #990, 1215 North
- Sunshine Food Mart, 2013 North
- Lumberjack Discount Liquor, 2705 North
- M&M Minit Market, 119 Beall
- Headliners Sports Bar, 3801 North #10 & #11