All clear in hazmat accident at Scottsdale hospital - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

All clear in hazmat accident at Scottsdale hospital

(Source: CBS 5 News) (Source: CBS 5 News)
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A piece of broken medical equipment sparked a hazardous materials scare at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn on Sunday, fire authorities said.

In the end, crews determined there was no immediate threat.

Arriving fire crews discovered that a piece of equipment attached to the outside of a CT Scanner broke, resulting in a chemical spill, said Scottsdale Fire Department Battalion Chief Brian Read. 

"The material has been contained and the room in which it occurred has been isolated," Read said in a statement.

The hospital is open and accepting patients in the Emergency Department.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly