2-month-old displaced after Whitehouse fire hospitalized for smo - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

2-month-old displaced after Whitehouse fire hospitalized for smoke inhalation

Posted: Updated:
The family's home caught fire Sunday afternoon around 2 p.m. The family's home caught fire Sunday afternoon around 2 p.m.
WHITEHOUSE, TX (KLTV) -

One of the ten children who was displaced after their Whitehouse home burned Sunday has been hospitalized.

A 2-month-old baby who was inside the home, located on County Road 2173, when it caught fire around 2 p.m. was taken to East Texas Medical Center in Tyler on Tuesday and is now being treated for smoke inhalation.

Sixteen people, including ten children, were inside the home when it caught fire. The family has just finished wrapping Christmas presents. That house has now been deemed a total loss.

The Whitehouse Volunteer Fire Department is accepting donations for the family who lost their clothes, Christmas presents and other belongings in the blaze. Any donations are greatly appreciated and can be dropped of at the Whitehouse Fire Department Central Station on East Main Street next to City Hall twenty-four hours a day, or at Station 2 on Highway 110 South towards Troup, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

A Kendrick Family Relief Fund has also been set up and donations can be made at any Austin Bank location.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.