Huntington boy airlifted to Louisiana Burn Center after being en - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

BREAKING NEWS

Huntington boy airlifted to Louisiana Burn Center after being engulfed in flames

Posted: Updated:
HUNTINGTON, TX (KTRE) -

A 9-year-old Huntington boy has been transported via life flight to the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport Regional Burn Center after suffering severe burns to both legs.

According to Huntington Police Chief Bobby Epperley, the boy's family was burning trash outside their home on Red Cedar Lane when gasoline spilled. Once the fire was lit, the child became engulfed in flames, he says.

He was transported via ambulance to Huntington High School where Phi Air Medical from Memorial Hospital in Lufkin picked him up and airlifted him to the burn center.

Epperley says he could not provide any more information at this time.

Copyright 2013 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.