Broaddus couple loses everything in New Year's Day fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Broaddus couple loses everything in New Year's Day fire

Source: Sandy Huffman Source: Sandy Huffman
Source: Sandy Huffman Source: Sandy Huffman
Source: Sandy Huffman Source: Sandy Huffman
BROADDUS, TX (KTRE) -

A Broaddus couple's mobile home caught fire and burned down early New Year's Day.

Sandra Bonilla and her husband were asleep in their home on County Road 4600 around 1:15 AM Wednesday when Sandra says something made her wake up to discover her house was filled with black smoke.

Bonilla says she woke her husband up and they both ran outside. Bonilla just wearing her pajamas and socks.

Fortunately no one was injured in the blaze.

Broaddus Volunteer Fire Department, Pineland VFD and Powell Town VFD all responded to the fire.

Bonilla says they lost all their belongings but the community has really stepped up to help them out. Red Cross was at their home within an hour after the fire, according to Bonilla. She says right now they just have the clothes on their backs and a church friend is letting them stay in their home without rent until they can find a new place to live.

If you would like to help the family you can contact the Bonilla's daughter, Sandy Huffman at 936-201-2810.

Copyright 2013 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.