LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - One dozen local non-profits received a donation from the Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation this morning.
Each of the organizations were recognized for the important work they do in the community.
Brookshire Brothers distributed $110,000 total in their distribution center.
Each of the charities are selected because they align with Brookshire Brothers values of celebrating family and community.
Dr. Guesippina Bonner, executive director of Sarah's Hope says, "This money will be used to take the children on their spring break tour and 100% of it because it's for the children. It's not for us."
"We're just very excited to be a part of the Brookshire Brothers family. Their commitment to the State Supported Living Center through the family house and the golf tournament truly has made a difference on the quality of services we provide," said director of community relations at the Lufkin State Supported Living Center, Lynn Hopper.
1) Alzheimer's Association –Houston/Southeast Texas Chapter
2) American Cancer Society/High Plains Division
3) East Texas Alliance for Children – Harold's House
4) Boys and Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
5) Friends of the Ellen Trout Zoo
6) Junior Achievement
7) The Mosaic Center
8) Sarah's Hope
9) Volunteer Services Council-Lufkin State Supported Living Center
10) Alzheimer's Association Capital of Texas Chapter
11) Angelina Arts Alliance
12) Friends of Blue Hole