LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - Firefighters battled a blaze at Fuller's Buffet in Lufkin Tuesday afternoon.
The fire was called in around 2:55 p.m. Tuesday.
Restaurant manager Katrina Kelly said she had left the store for the day and saw on a Facebook post that her business was on fire.
"This has been my home for 20-something years," she said. "I can't believe it's gone. What happens now? I don't know. I really don't know. We'll come back one way or the other. We will. It's just heartbreaking. This is me and it is and it's part of me and it feels like home and it feels like the customers are my customers and it's just heartbreaking."
Lufkin Fire Marshal Steve McCool said the fire started in the air-conditioning unit, and then spread to the attic. He said the fire caused significant damage to the attic, but the rest of the store only suffered smoke and water damage and should be salvageable.
Kelley said she isn't sure when the restaurant will reopen.