Two 80-year-old twin brothers who were working on an antique car in the garage of a Chehalis home died of carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday.
The wife of one of the victims returned home in the 100 block of Ironwood Court and found the two brothers lying unconscious in the enclosed garage. She called 911, and paramedics rushed to the home.
The paramedics' carbon monoxide detectors showed a high level of carbon monoxide in the enclosed space where the brothers were working on the exhaust manifold of the antique car.
One brother was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, but was pronounced dead around 3 a.m. Monday.
The other brother was taken to Centralia Providence Hospital but was also pronounced dead.
Sheriff Steve Mansfield described it as a "very sad and tragic incident."
"These brothers were simply working on a car together and ended up dying from a silent killer," Mansfield said.
Copyright 2014 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.