ANGELINA COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - Firefighters say a candle caused a woman in the Zavalla area to lose her home in a fire Friday afternoon.
Sam Pittman with Zavalla Volunteer Fire Department said the woman had left her candle in the kitchen around 1 p.m. and when she returned she found the room up in flames. She tried to put the fire out but it got out of control really quick.
The home is located in the 700 block of Black Forest Road.
It took firefighters on scene from five different departments just over an hour to put it out. No one was hurt in the fire.