WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - SE NC's string of 80 degree plus days will end on Sunday behind a cool front. A potent storm moving into the Ohio valley could set SE NC up for a shot at strong to severe thunderstorms late Monday. After more unsettled weather Tuesday, the rest of the week should be very nice!
SUNDAY: Expect mostly cloudy skies and cooler highs in the low 60s. The chance of a shower will grow from 20% early to 40% for the afternoon as moisture moves in from the south. Shower chances rise to 60% Sunday night with lows in the mid 50's.
MONDAY: A potent storm moving into the Ohio valley will drag a warm front through the area early Monday. This could set the stage for strong to severe thunderstorms late Monday. Even before the strong thunderstorm threat late in the day we will likely see off and showers and highs in the mid 70's. Rain chance is 70%. Lows Monday night will be in the low 60's.
TUESDAY: Still unsettled but we should be looking at scattered showers rather than strong thunderstorms. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with highs near 70. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy and cool with lows in the upper 40's.
WEDNESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY: Other than a spot shower shot on Wednesday, each day will feature lots of sun. Highs will rise form the mid 60's Wednesday to the mid 70's by Friday and Saturday. Thursday morning could be rather chilly with lows in the low 40's. Overnight lows should moderate into the 50's heading into next weekend.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.