NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) - Nacogdoches firefighters responded to a fire on N. Pecan Street that heavily damaged the interior of a home. No one was injured in the blaze.
The fire occurred at a house at 2700 block of North Pecan Street.
Joel Watts, a rental resident at the home, said he was cooking when the fire started in his kitchen.
A spokesman for the Nacogdoches Fire Department said that smoke and flames were visible when they arrived on the scene. The fire got into the attic, and the interior of the home was heavily damaged.
The Nacogdoches Fire Department spokesman said firefighters rescued a kitten during the blaze.