CROCKETT, TX (KTRE) - An insurance adjuster who was injured by electric shock while inspecting damage remains on Wednesday has been upgraded to serious condition at a Dallas burn unit.
Crockett Fire Chief John Angerstein released the man's identity as Richard Watson, 63, of Frankston.
Angerstein said the incident occurred at approximately 1:03 p.m. Wednesday at 104 South Fifth Street near the courthouse square. Watson was inspecting some kind of roof work or damage when the lift bucket he was in came in contact with an overhead power line, and he received an electrical shock.
When the Crockett firefighters got to the scene, they found the man hanging from the bucket by his belt. Once they got the lift bucket secured and away from the overhead power lines, the firefighters used a ladder truck to get up to the man and free him from the bucket.
Earlier Thursday, Watson was listed in critical condition. But it was upgraded to serious later in the day.