ktre.com's Living Spaces Contest has been a big success. We want to thank each and every one who has participated in this first-time event.
We started the Living Spaces - Living Room contest with 91 entries and seven great sponsors. Then it was narrowed down to five finalists who really stretched for resources and reached deep into their imagination and Rolodex files to get the votes pouring in via e-mail and postcard entries. The final totals resulted in Nancy Conley becoming the very first winner of ktre.com's Living Spaces Contest.
This contest is meant to be a fun and joyful event in which one homeowner wins a Living Room mkeover. With the generosity of KTRE-TV 9 and of our seven sponsors, we will renovate the Conley's living room with furniture from Beall's Furniture, floor covering from Floors Unlimited, lighting and window treatments from The Home Depot, painting from The Paint Store,
fireplace makeover from Hunt's Stone and Fireplace, and cabinets from Mathews & Wood Fine Cabinetry, all coordinated and pulled together by a professional interior designer, Cathy Marberry of Beall's Furniture. Nancy will also receive a five-day cruise for two from All Travel, Inc.
- November 15th - Announce winner and begin consultation
- Week of November 29th - Preliminary plans are presented
- Week of December 6th- the makeover takes place and is shown on ktre.com
- Week of December 20th - Completion of the new Conley living room
- February 21, 2005 - ktre.com launches NEW Living Spaces - Backyard Contest (Entries will be taken at sponsor locations to be announced)