Here's a great way to use eggplant all summer long, and it's in a recipe that's quick to put together.
Mama Steph's eggplant parmesan-ziti bake
1 medium eggplant, washed and sliced into thin, vertical slices
1 pound ziti, cooked acc. to package directions (I make ahead, stir in some olive oil, and store in gallon bag in fridge)
1 24 ounce can spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
one package of mozzarella slices (about ten ounces)
1. Combine pasta and sauce in large bowl. Mix well.
2. Sprinkle seasonings on slices of eggplant, and grill on grill pan until each side is seared, about 3 minutes each side.
2. Layer half of pasta into Pam-sprayed baking dish.
3. Top with layer of eggplant slices.
4. Top with sprinkling of Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
5. Top eggplant with layer of mozzarella, then layer again. Sprinkle parmesan on top layer.
6. Finish the top with mozzarella and, if desired, bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 450 for 18-20 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.