Candle starts fire that destroys Lufkin home - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Candle starts fire that destroys Lufkin home

Posted: Updated:
Lufkin triplex fire (Source: KTRE Staff) Lufkin triplex fire (Source: KTRE Staff)
Lufkin triplex fire (Source: KTRE Staff) Lufkin triplex fire (Source: KTRE Staff)
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A Lufkin woman's home was destroyed after a candle caught nearby items on fire.

According to Lufkin Fire Deputy Marshall Ozzie Jarman, the fire started around 11:14 p.m. at a triplex off East Bremond. 

Jarman said the fire started in the middle triplex after the woman left a candle burning in the hallway. He said the candle most likely caused some combustible items to around it to overheat. 

The other two homes around the triplex were not damaged, but Jarman did say that none of the homes had working smoke detectors. 

No one was injured in the incident. 

Copyright 2014 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.