Dryer clothes spark fire at Garrison laundromat

Source: KTRE staff
Source: KTRE staff

GARRISON, TX (KTRE) - Firefighters managed to save a Garrison laundromat after a blaze sparked at the business Thursday afternoon.

Garrison Washateria owner Susan Chandler said the laundromat has been closed, but some people have a key to the business if they want to do laundry. Apparently, someone was drying some clothes and left them there when the fire started.

Chandler said Garrison volunteer firefighters responded quickly and were able to salvage the business.

Firefighters from Central Heights and Appleby also responded.

Copyright 2014 KTRE. All rights reserved.