Diboll couple loses everything in house fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Diboll couple loses everything in house fire

Posted: Updated:
Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
DIBOLL, TX (KTRE) -

A Diboll couple is now homeless in the wake of a fire Wednesday afternoon that destroyed the home they had been living in for the past 41 years.

“I’m just a little down. It’s been a long time,” said Royce Adkison, the couple’s son. "They’ve been here 41 years.”

The home, which is located in the 1400 block of Hendricks Street., is owned by Royce and Florence Adkison.

According to James Johnson, a firefighter with the Diboll Volunteer Fire Department, the homeowner's were mowing the lawn when they saw smoke coming out of front bedroom in the house. The couple flagged down an Angelina County constable for help, but the home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived on the scene.

Johnson said they believe the fire started in the home’s attic. The home was a total loss. The roof caved in over the front bedroom. The Adkisons lost everything in the fire, Johnson said.

“It’s kind of emotional,”Adkison said. “It’s been a long time. Lots of memories gone.”

Copyright 2014 KTRE. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.