Father of 5 dies from burns suffered in Mesa house fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

UPDATE

Father of 5 dies from burns suffered in Mesa house fire

Posted: Updated:
Fire badly damage the carport and attic of this Mesa home Monday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News) Fire badly damage the carport and attic of this Mesa home Monday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News)
A benefit fund has been set up for the Maile family. (Source: CBS 5 News) A benefit fund has been set up for the Maile family. (Source: CBS 5 News)
Eight people were living in the home. A man suffered burns to his legs and a woman suffered smoke inhalation but the other escaped safely. (Source: CBS 5 News) Eight people were living in the home. A man suffered burns to his legs and a woman suffered smoke inhalation but the other escaped safely. (Source: CBS 5 News)
MESA, AZ (CBS5) -

A Mesa father of five has died from burns suffered in a house fire early Tuesday morning.

Ben Maile, 40, an operator with Dunn Transportation, died and his wife was severely burned in the fire that destroyed their house near Second Street and Stapley Drive about 4:10 a.m. Tuesday.

Their five children escaped unharmed.

The fire involved the carport and the attic of the single-story house when firefighters arrived, Mesa Fire and Medical Capt. Bob Tribbensee said.

Eight people in the house got out. Maile and his wife, who escaped through a back window, were taken to a burn unit ICU. His wife, whose name was not available, was still in the burn unit Friday.

An account has been established at Wells Fargo Bank as the Maile Family Benefit Fund, account No. 1589412400. Donations can be made at any Wells Fargo branch.

The cause of the first hadn't been determined, and the house was a total loss.

Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • UPDATEFather of 5 dies from burns suffered in Mesa house fireMore>>

  • UPDATE

    Phoenix mom saves 3 kids, parents in house fire

    Phoenix mom saves 3 kids, parents in house fire

    Friday, August 22 2014 5:28 PM EDT2014-08-22 21:28:01 GMT
    (Source: Phoenix Fire Department)(Source: Phoenix Fire Department)
    A mother of three saved her children and parents from a burning mobile home fire Saturday afternoon, fire authorities said. The woman, whose name was not released, was at home asleep in the back bedroomMore >>
    The woman, whose name was not released, was at home asleep in the back bedroom when she suddenly awoke to her arm becoming hot, Phoenix fire authorities said.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.