LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - The Lufkin Rotary Club is looking for team members to join them in a district exchange with New Zealand.
Every year Rotary District 5910, which consists of several East Texas Rotary Clubs, puts together a team of 4 leaders to participate in the Group Study Exchange program with Rotary District 9980 in New Zealand.
Lufkin Rotary Club President, Cindy Tierney said the purpose of the exchange is to teach East Texans about other cultures and to bring other cultures to East Texas.
"We are looking for strong leaders that are open and willing to share, people with lots of personality," Tierney said.
Applicants must meet these requirements before applying:
1. Not be a Rotarian or a lineal descendant (including step-children) of a current Rotarian
2. Be between the age of 25 and 40
3. Be currently employed
4. Live or work in D5910
5. Complete and submit the application/ commitment from by September 30
6. Participate in a personal interview on October 19
7. Participate in training/ preparation meetings on weekends between selection and departure, and attend the D5910 district conference on May 2, 2015
8. Commit to traveling to New Zealand during the entire exchange trip, May 7 to June 6,2015 and attending up to 3 Rotary club meetings after returning, to give a presentation on the trip.
9. Acquire a passport, VISA (if required), medical exam/certificate, and traveler's insurance at their own expense. Round trip air travel, as well as in-country room, board, travel and entertainment will be paid by Rotary sources.
To apply visit the Rotary District 5910 website.
For questions regarding the application you can call Rotary President, Cindy Tierney at (936)632-5527.