Nacogdoches apartment catches on fire after cooking accident - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Nacogdoches apartment catches on fire after cooking accident

NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) - Two people suffered minor injuries after a cooking fire got out of control at a Nacogdoches apartment Monday night.

Nacogdoches Fire Division Chief Robert Ford said the fire started at University Club Apartments at 11:51 p.m. One unit was destroyed by fire and five other units have water and smoke damage.

Two people suffered minor injuries, including a leg burn and smoke inhalation.

Ford said American Red Cross was called to the scene and those affected by the fire were put up in hotels or empty units at the apartment.

Copyright 2014 KTRE. All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly