Fresh by Brookshire's Executive Chef Michael Brady shares a great recipe that is suitable for your Oscar party gathering; whether it's you and twenty guests or just you ... enjoy the festivities!
Artichoke spread with baguette toasts
2 cups artichoke hearts (rinsed and rough chopped)
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups sour cream
5 shakes of tabasco sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Baguette or Italian bread, sliced
salt and pepper
chopped chives or parsley for garnish
Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper, to taste
Yield: 2 cups
1. Cut baguette in half lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toast at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Spread artichoke mix over bread, making sure to cover entire surface.
3. Cover top with shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Toast in oven until cheese is melted.
5. Remove from oven, sprinkle with celery seed (lightly) and cut into pieces (your preferred size)
6. Garnish with chopped chives or chopped parsley.
Copyright 2015 KLTV. All rights reserved.