Shrimp fry turns into Lufkin kitchen fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Shrimp fry turns into Lufkin kitchen fire

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A Lufkin woman frying shrimp saw her kitchen burn in a fire Monday morning.

Lufkin Fire Marshall Steve McCool said the homeowner on the 1600 block of Spruce Street said she was frying shrimp and had stepped out for a minute. The shrimp got hot and "popped" and started a fire.

Battalion Chief Jesse Moody said the fire was contained to the kitchen and only caused interior damage, which is repairable.

Copyright 2015 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly