House fire Leaves Family Homeless - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

01/19/05-Cushing

House fire Leaves Family Homeless

Grease may be the cause of a Nacogdoches County house fire that left a family homeless. Firefighters say the G. McCormack home just east of Cushing is a complete loss.

The fire was started from french fries that were being cooked by the home owner's daughter. When firefighters arrived the blaze had already spread to the attic.

The homeowner didn't find out about the fire until she returned home from work. The family is staying with friends. Luckily, noone was hurt in the blaze.

Powered by Frankly