Home Explosion Update - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

02/07/05 - Appleby

Home Explosion Update

by Donna McCollum

A possible cause has been found for a house explosion over the weekend in Appleby.

Appleby's fire chief tells us a propane fireplace had been converted into a wood burning fireplace in the home. The chief says a propane line leading into the fireplace was correctly capped off, but a propane line underneath the house that nobody knew about remained open.

The explosion happened when the firewood was lit. Mike and Linda Lunsford and their two children were not hurt.

Powered by Frankly