LUFKIN, TX (News Release) - Seven vehicles were vandalized Thursday morning in neighborhoods off Denman Avenue, causing at least an estimated $5,000 in damage.
The seven vehicles are believed to have been damaged during the early morning hours in the Englewood subdivision and nearby neighborhoods connected to Denman Avenue.
One of the victims on Linkwood Drive reported hearing a noise at 3 a.m. and stepped outside to check. He said he didn't notice anything unusual, but also didn't think of checking his vehicle. Later in the morning, his wife found that someone jumped on the hood of their 2003 Chevy Tahoe, denting the hood and chipping the paint. The person also used a club or stick to shatter their front windshield. The couple estimated the damages at $1,200.
Incidents were also reported on the following streets:
• Englewood Drive – 2015 Honda CRV with the rear window broken; estimated $800 in damage
• Groesbeck Avenue – 2007 Honda Civic with the back window shattered; estimated more than $500 in damage
• North Fifth Street – Nissan Pathfinder with a plastic rocker panel broken, passenger door glass scratched on the front and back windows and rear glass broken; estimated $1,000 in damage
• Dunlap Avenue – 2011 Ford with the hood caved in from someone jumping on it; estimated more than $500 in damage
• Myrna Avenue – 2013 Buick Lacrosse with the back window shattered; estimated more than $500 in damage
• Cunningham Drive – 2002 Pontiac Grand Am with the driver's side rear window shattered; estimated more than $500 in damage