LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - Lufkin firefighters managed to put out a small blaze before it could cause damage apparently caused from a cigarette on the roof of the Angelina County Courthouse Wednesday afternoon.
Fire Marshal Steve McCool said it appears someone was possibly smoking on the roof of the courthouse and dumped the cigarette in a plastic pot. That caught on fire and spread to the tar on the roof around 4 p.m.
Firefighters were able to put the fire out quick without any damage caused to the building.
McCool said this violates city ordinance and the building policy. He said courthouse officials are taking measures to ensure people do not smoke on the roof again.