LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - An employee with an electric company received a severe electric shock while he was working at Gate 13 of GE's Lufkin Foundry Friday morning.
Lufkin Fire Chief Ted Lovett said LFD firefighters and paramedics responded to Gate 13 at the Lufkin Foundry, which is located off of Winston Street, at about 9:30 a.m. Friday morning in response to a possible electrocution.
Lovett said when they arrived on the scene, they found that a man who works as an electrician for Lufkin's Weisinger Electric had suffered a severe shock. He was immediately rushed to CHI St. Luke's Memorial Hospital for treatment. Lufkin City Fire Marshal Steve McCool said the man was listed in critical condition.
McCool said it looks as though the man was working from a bucket truck and was shocked when he touched one of the overhead power lines.