Fan sparks house fire in Crockett - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Fan sparks house fire in Crockett

Crockett fire crews responded to a home heavily involved in flames. Source: Crockett Fire Department. Crockett fire crews responded to a home heavily involved in flames. Source: Crockett Fire Department.
Three Crockett firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion while battling a Monday night blaze. Source: Crockett Fire Department Three Crockett firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion while battling a Monday night blaze. Source: Crockett Fire Department
Source: Crockett Fire Department Source: Crockett Fire Department
Source: Crockett Fire Department Source: Crockett Fire Department
CROCKETT, TX (KTRE) -

Crockett fire officials say a fan started a fire which damaged a home Monday night.

Crockett fire crews were first dispatched at 9:22 p.m. Monday and arrived to find the front of the home, located in the 100 block of North Durrett Street, heavily involved in flames.

Those living in the home were not injured, but three firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion after extinguishing the fire in the walls and attic.

Crockett Fire Chief John Angerstein said a fan near a bed started a fire. He said the home is salvageable, but everything in it is a loss.

Latexo Fire, Crockett Police, and Houston County EMS all responded.

Copyright 2015 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly