Crockett firefighters rescue dog from mobile home fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Crockett firefighters rescue dog from mobile home fire

Source: Crockett Police Department Source: Crockett Police Department
CROCKETT, TX (KTRE) -

Crockett firefighters rescued a dachshund dog from a burning mobile home at the Snider Trailer Park on Loop 304 Friday.

“We are fortunate to have the quality fire department we have in our city,” said Crockett Police Chief David Cross. “We appreciate the job that they do to protect our citizens, and in this case, our citizens’ animals, too.”

Crockett Fire Chief John Angerstein said that a trash bin in the home caught on fire, and it was possibly caused by a cigarette butt. He said the home owner couldn’t get the dog out because of the smoke, so firefighters went into the burning home to get it.

Angerstein said the dog was found hiding under a bed.

Copyright 2015 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly