Elderly couple escape Angelina Co. home after kitchen fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Elderly couple escape Angelina Co. home after kitchen fire

ANGELINA COUNTY, TX (KTRE) -

An elderly woman is being treated for burns after a cooking grease fire in Angelina County Monday afternoon.

The woman, her husband and their dog made it safely out of the home.

She suffered burns on her face and arms. Fuller Springs Volunteer Fire Chief Sammy Brayden said the fire was caused by cooking with grease.

Moffett Volunteer firefighters also helped fight the fire.

The home suffered no visible damage from the outside.

Copyright 2015 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly