ALTO, TX (KTRE) - An Alto man was found electrocuted at his home near Alto High School around 6 P.M. on Monday night.
According to Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell, the man was found tangled in fallen electrical wire that was half on land, half in nearby water.
Campbell said first responders could not to get to him because the wire was still active. Oncor Energy sent a truck down from Troup to turn off the electricity and help recover the body.
According to Campbell, they do not know if the wire fell due to winds from the storm that hit the area or if something else caused the incident.
The investigation is currently ongoing.