HUDSON, TX (KTRE) -
Blackened wood frames, charred debris, and a burned collapsed roof.
It's all that's left of a home that belonged to Bertha and Ben Solis on Cripple Creek Road. Neighbors said they are quiet, but kind.
"I hardly see them out and about, but from what I hear, my husband's lived here for ten years and they're very nice people," said neighbor Michelle Reynolds.
"I didn't see them very often, they kept to themselves," said neighbor Jose Leos. "They're very nice people, if they saw me they would wave to me."
A home that was usually just as calm and peaceful was anything but quiet on New Year's night.
"I heard four bangs and at first I thought it was gunshots," Reynolds said.
However, it wasn't gunfire that caused the commotion
"My brother-in-law came to the house and said the neighbor's house was burning up and sure enough it was," Leos said.
"The whole trailer was just engulfed in flames," Reynolds described.
The Solis' were able to make it out in time, but the home was a total loss.
According to the Hudson Fire Department it was an electrical fire.
"It's just a big shock," Leos said. "I used to see a house in front of me, but now I see the other house behind it in front of me."
The Solis's have lost much more than a home.
"I see nothing but memories of stuff in their house," Leos explained.
"I cry for these people because in a matter of thirty minutes everything in their life was taken from them," Reynolds said.
Although they can't replace the sentimental value of what was lost, the Solis' neighbors want to help them begin again.
"I want these people to know they are in my prayers and if there's anything that they need, we want to help," Reynolds said.
Reynolds husband is a pastor and has collaborated with other churches to begin a donation drive for the Solis'.
Items and clothes can be dropped off at the Bethel Assembly of God church in Hudson.
They are asking for men's medium sized clothing and women's 3 XL clothing.