HUDSON, TX (KTRE) - A fire has gutted a home and killed a puppy on Dexter Street in Hudson.
The call came in around 11:30 a.m.
Responding firefighters initially responded to the trailer house fire not knowing if anyone was inside but all family members were later accounted for and not hurt.
Hudson Fire Chief Marcial Foisie said it is not yet known how the fire started.
Homeowner Lisa Hadnot said she was asleep when a candle started the fire. She said her boyfriend woke her up and they were able to get out of the house. They lost everything in the fire, including a puppy.
"We lost everything, you never think of anything like this happening to you," Hadnot said. "You hear about this happening all the time, but you never think it could happen to you."
Neighbors help set up a Gofundme account for Hadnot.