ANGELINA COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - Firefighters from the Moffett Volunteer Fire Department were able to quickly contain a kitchen fire that broke out at a home in the 1000 block of Scotty Beard Road Monday morning.
Moffett VDF Chief Edward Sweet said the fire started in the kitchen area of the mobile home. The homeowner told Sweet that she was boiling some eggs when the fire broke out.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation after he went back into the house to retrieve some car keys.
Sweet said his firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and the back part of the mobile home.