Small fire breaks out in mechanical closet at Angelina Co. Court - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Breaking

Small fire breaks out in mechanical closet at Angelina Co. Courthouse

Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A small fire broke out in a mechanical closet at the Angelina County Courthouse late Friday morning.

However, a maintenance worker at the courthouse had the fire contained by the time Lufkin firefighters arrived on the scene. No one was injured as a result of the fire.

Lufkin City Fire Marshal Steve McCool said they received the 911 call about the fire at 11:55, and when they got there three minutes later, the fire was already out.

Officials at the Angelina County Courthouse said the fire started in a mechanical closet near the county clerk’s office. McCool said the small fire started in a motor for an elevator at the courthouse and that the fire was limited to just the motor.

The maintenance worker acted quickly to put out the fire and turned off the electricity to that part of the building, McCool said.

The courthouse was not evacuated, and there were no injuries. County officials stated that was some smoke in the county clerk’s office, but that was the extent of the fire’s effect.

Copyright 2016 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly