HOUSTON COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - A mother and her three children lost everything in a Houston County mobile fire that occurred Saturday afternoon.
Eric Olson, the chief of the Houston County Lake Volunteer Fire Department, said that the fire occurred on private property on Private Road 6065 owned by the First Born Christian Center at about 12:20 p.m. Saturday.
Olson said the fire started in a mobile home. The home's resident was next door when the fire started.
The fire spread to a second mobile home used for church guests. Two additional structures were damaged by the fire as well, Olson said.
Olson said the he thought the fire was caused by some kind of electrical issue. However, the fire marshal is still investigating the blaze.
The church is taking donations to help the mother and her three children. Donations may be mailed to First Born Christian Center, PO Box 777, Grapeland, Texas 75844. You can also call (936) 687-5555 to ask how you can help.