Memorial Specialty Hospital (MSH) is a seventeen (17) bed acute Long Term Care "Hospital Within A Hospital" located in the Doctor's Five Tower of Memorial Medical Center in Lufkin. MSH is a separately licensed hospital entity of Memorial Health System Of East Texas and has a separate Administrator, Board Of Directors, Medical Executive Committee, Chief Of Staff and Nursing Staff but shares a conjointly credentialed Medical Staff with the host hospital.
Patients requiring prolonged acute care hospitalization of 25 days, or longer due to accident or illness may be eligible for Long Term Care Hospital (LTCH) services. Upon referral, an evaluation and review of the Treatment Plan is conducted to determine appropriateness for admission. Upon admission, patients and families are provided an orientation and made aware of activities including weekly Interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings. MSH admits patients insured by Medicare, Blue Cross and Blue Shield and many other Commercial and Private Insurers.
We provide in-house pharmacy, laboratory, X-ray diagnostic, respiratory and nursing services. Other services not provided in-house are contracted with the host hospital or with outside providers.
• Intubation, Ventilator management and weaning
• Tracheostomy management and decannulation
• Complex pneumonia requiring bronchoscopy
• Unstable Congestive Heart Failure requiring specialty drips
• Cardiac Monitoring and Stabilization
• Cardiac Hemodynamic Monitoring/Swann Ganz Management
Complex Multi-System Failure
• Intensive Care Management
• Non-invasive Monitoring
• Percutaneous Tracheotomy
• Endoscopies, Gastroscopies, Colonoscopies
• Special Catheter Insertions and Central Line Dialysis Catheters