Woman injured in Lufkin kitchen fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Woman injured in Lufkin kitchen fire

Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

After a person from the neighborhood walked into a Lufkin fire station to report a fire, fire fighters arrived on the scene within five minutes and quickly got it under control Monday.

Jesse Moody, a battalion chief with the Lufkin Fire Department, said that one woman was injured in the fire, and she was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

“It all went fairly smoothly for a fire,” Moody said.

Lufkin Fire Department crews were dispatched out to the blaze at a house in the 500 block of Jones Street at about 3:55 p.m. Monday.

Moody said the fire was in the kitchen area. Although the fire caused heavy smoke, it only caused moderate damage. The house wasn’t a total loss, Moody said.

Copyright 2016 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly