Cooking accident cause of Lufkin fire Monday - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Cooking accident cause of Lufkin fire Monday

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A Lufkin fire marshal says a cooking accident was ruled the cause of a fire which injured a woman at her home Monday.

Lufkin Fire Department crews were dispatched out to the blaze at a house in the 500 block of Jones Street at about 3:55 p.m. Monday.

Battalion Chief Jesse Moody said the fire was in the kitchen area. Although the fire caused heavy smoke, it only caused moderate damage. The house wasn’t a total loss, Moody said.

A woman was taken to the hospital for injuries.

Powered by Frankly