TRINITY, TX (KTRE) - Firefighters with the Trinity Volunteer Fire Department battled a fire at a Valero convenience store Thursday morning.
Scott Womack, the certification coordinator for the Trinity Fire Department, said that they were dispatched out to the fire at the Valero store located at the intersection of Robb and Madison streets at 8:45 a.m. Thursday, and they had the fire under control by 9 p.m.
Womack said he believed the fire started in one of the store's coolers.
The store was open, and an employee was the only person inside when the fire broke out, Womack said. He said the employee saw the smoke and got out.
Although the video taken at the scene shows that the fire heavily damaged the inside of the store, Womack declined to comment on whether or not he thought the store was a total loss. He added that making that call is up to the insurance company.