Trial for Lufkin man accused of shooting, killing wife postponed

Trial for Lufkin man accused of shooting, killing wife postponed
Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - A Lufkin man accused of murdering his wife will not have his trial in May.

Joshua Dale Ingram was set for jury selection on May 2 but due to several documents not coming in yet, the case is being moved to the June 6 jury selection.

In court Thursday, Judge Paul White gave both sides until May 16 to get the documents together. The state is waiting on Child Protective Service records and two ballistics test. Ingram's attorney is waiting on a doctor to read an estimated 100 pages of records in regards to Ingram's sanity test.

According to an arrest affidavit, Ingram is accused of shooting and killing his wife in Lufkin's Englewood subdivision on Feb. 6, 2015. He also allegedly told a relative that he was "going to attempt to get into a lethal confrontation with law enforcement."

Ingram, 32, is still being held in the Angelina County Jail on a first-degree felony murder charge and a felony parole violation. His bail has been set at $500,000 for the murder charge.

According to the arrest affidavit, the Lufkin Police Department got a 911 call from one of Ingram's relatives, who said that Joshua Ingram's mother had called him from California and said that her son had shot his wife and was going to shoot himself.

The relative also told the 911 dispatcher that Joshua Ingram's infant son was also at the residence in the 400 block of Cunningham.

A short time later, Lufkin PD officers set a perimeter around the home, and they attempted to make contact with someone inside by phone. At that point, the Lufkin Police Department activated its Special Response Team.

Then the relative called dispatch back and said that Joshua Ingram had told him that he was no longer home and that he wanted someone to "go by" the residence in the 400 block of Cunningham and pick up his infant son, the affidavit stated.

The relative also told authorities that Joshua Ingram "was going to attempt to get into a lethal confrontation with law enforcement and may be armed with some form of long gun or automatic rifles."

One of the LPD officers at the house on Cunningham said that she and another officer had gotten close enough to the residence that they could see a woman's body lying on the floor near one of the bedrooms.

At that point, the Lufkin Police officer in charge at the scene decided it was a possible hostage situation. As the SRT members approached the house, they could hear a baby crying inside the residence, the affidavit stated.

The SRT members made a "dynamic entry" into the house and quickly cleared the residence for possible suspects. Once they were inside, they found Jennifer Kay Ingram lying in a pool of blood in the doorway to the back bedroom. She had what appeared to be several gunshot wounds to her body, the affidavit stated.

The LPD officers found the couple's crying baby on the bed in the same bedroom, and spent 9 mm shell casings were found near Jennifer Ingram's body. Lufkin Fire Department paramedics checked on Jennifer Ingram and removed the baby from the house.

Later that night, the police department received word that Joshua Ingram had been spotted driving a green 200 Jeep Wrangler in the vicinity of John Redditt Drive and West Frank Avenue. As a result, SRT members responded to Ingram's last known location in unmarked police cars.

Two SRT members were driving on Frank Avenue when they spotted a Jeep Wrangler matching the description of the one Joshua Ingram was supposed to be driving in the parking lot of Pal's Video. Joshua Ingram was seen inside the store, standing at the front counter.

When the SRT members made contact with Joshua Ingram and tried to take them into custody, he resisted them, the affidavit stated. After they took him to the ground and cuffed him, they found a Smith and Wesson 9 mm pistol in the front pocket of Joshua Ingram's hooded sweatshirt.

According to the affidavit, Joshua Ingram immediately said he didn't kill his wife when the LPD officers approached him. He allegedly said that again as he was being walked out to a patrol unit. Later, Joshua Ingram said that the "cartel came in and did it" and that he needed to speak to a detective and the FBI, the affidavit stated.

Copyright 2016 KTRE. All rights reserved.