This recipe is a delicious way to get the pizza flavor you crave and at the same time add more vegetables and less fat and fewer calories to your diet! It's a quick, easy dinner to make and your family will love it. This can also be made with small eggplant!
Pepperoni pizza-stuffed zucchini boats
4 large or 6 medium-sized zucchini, washed and halved lengthwise
Jar of your favorite pasta sauce
2 teaspoons garlic paste or minced cloves
2 cups shredded mozzarella
fresh basil and/or oregano, or dried Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, and scoop out some of the flesh and seeds to make a hollowed-out area.Place the scooped-out portion into an oiled pan, and begin cooking.
3. Chop mushrooms, if using, and add to the pan; cook mixture for five minutes.
4. Add two cups of sauce to the vegetables in the pan, and stir in garlic until incorporated into the sauce.
5. Fill each "boat" with the vegetable sauce, then top with herbs, pepperoni slices (halved, if using large pepperoni) and mozzarella.
6. Bake at 375 for about 13 minutes. The longer it bakes, the softer it will be, so if you would like a firmer result, check it at 10 minutes.
Copyright 2016 KLTV. All rights reserved.