It's August. It's so hot. What could be better than to return home on a hot day to find a cold pie waiting for you in the freezer? Try this one out next time you get some fresh peaches in hand.
Mama Steph's peaches and cream freezer pie
2 large peaches, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
1/2 cup sugar
graham cracker crust
1. Place chopped peaches in a medium bowl, and drizzle vanilla over them. Add sugar, and fold in.
2. Whip the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Fold the peach mixture gently into the whipped cream.
4. Pour the cream mixture into the graham cracker crust, and smooth the top.
5. Freeze pie for several hours. May need to let it set out for awhile if it's been frozen for a long time, before serving.
6. Top with whipped cream, if desired.