Copeland's of New Orleans' Longview location is a popular spot to get many traditional Louisiana-favorite dishes! Chef Terrell Smith shares his simple, delicious recipe for Shrimp and Grits so you can try it at home if you can't make it to the restaurant this weekend.
Shrimp and Grits
2 oz - salted butter
2 oz (v) - smoked andouille sausage (cut quarter sized)
2oz (w) - bell pepper (julienned)
2oz (v) - spicy red sauce
2 tsp - Lea & Perrins
3oz (v) - clam juice
3-4 oz (w) - med. shrimp
to taste - Cajun seasoning
Cheese grits - (4oz)
1 Tablespoon Green onions - chopped
1 tsp Parsley
1. Over medium heat, melt 1 oz. salted butter and add sausage, peppers and green onions. Cook until sausage begins to brown and peppers begin to become limp
2. Add shrimp and cook until pink and curled
3. Add green onions and toss
4. Add Spicy red sauce, clam juice, Lea & Perrins and seasoning and let simmer for approximate 2minutes
5. Turn off heat, add 1oz. salted butter and fold into sauce
6. Pour sauce and shrimp around pre-heated grits in large soup bowl.
7. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately to your hungry guests.